Tuesday, February 9, 2010

You know you're a terrible mother when...

...you look down to see your daughter playing with razors.

Last Monday (8 days ago), my daughter took her first tentative effort at crawling. She moved about six inches. Yesterday, she really got it. It still takes some time, but now she can get anywhere she wants. This morning, I set her down in the hallway outside the bathroom so she could watch me put my contacts in. She's done this every morning since she could sit up. So, for months and months. This morning, she put her crawling skills to work and crawled over to the vanity and opened the bottom drawer. She picked up a package of razors and tried to dump it out. She only succeeded in dumping one out and she wasn't interested in it - she wanted the package. The razors had safety guards over the blades and she didn't even try to get them off. But you can imagine I was pretty concerned when I looked down after getting my contacts in and saw her playing with razors! Needless to say, they're now stored WAY up high. I guess we need to get started on the babyproofing, huh...

No comments:

Post a Comment