Saturday, February 20, 2010

SICK, SICK, SICK

So my daughter and I are both still sick. And seriously, I can’t remember EVER being this sick (I probably have been, but it was long ago enough I can’t remember). I can barely get out of bed, I cough and hack constantly, my throat and chest are killing me. Is this H1N1? It’s a respiratory illness, right? I have no idea if this is it (probably not, since we both got the vaccine).

I got sick 2.5 days after Meg, so by yesterday she was starting to get better while I was at my absolute sickest. And I just couldn’t deal. She wouldn’t stop whining. I was like, “yes, I KNOW you feel like crap! You know how I know? Because I DO TOO. I know exactly how sick you are. I know you’re miserable. I’M miserable. There is no need to make me MORE miserable. Just STOP WHINING.” And neither of us can take any medicine (except Tylenol), because she’s a baby and I’m breastfeeding.

My husband tried to help as much as he could, but I’m the only one who can breastfeed. Plus, (a big mistake) I always put her down for naps and bedtime. And naps and bedtime is when she’s at her whiniest. WHINE, WHINE, WHINE. And I can’t take it! I just want to crawl into bed and die! She should be grateful I managed to get out of bed long enough to feed her and put her down. But she doesn’t know that, because she’s 8.5 months old.

Last night at bedtime, I sat there rocking her while she cried and, in my head, I just kept saying over and over: This too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall pass…

No comments:

Post a Comment