Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day, part 2

In addition to the CD my husband gave me, he surprised me with red and white tulips! I was beyond thrilled, as I've been wanting tulips for special occasions since we got married. I carried a bouquet of red and white tulips at our wedding. On each of our anniversaries, my husband has gone looking for tulips, but according to flower shops around here our anniversary (May 18th) is just past tulip season. I don't quite understand, because I know we didn't pay the "out of season" rate for the wedding. Plus, growing up in northwest Iowa, we often went to the Orange City tulip festival in the middle of May. In fact, I just looked it up and this year the tulip festival runs May 13-15. Orange City is about 4 hours NW from where we live now. Of course, the Pella tulip festival (about 1 hr south of us) is May 6-8. Maybe the flower shops here base their tulip season on Pella...

Anyway, for Valentines Day, he ordered the tulips online. It makes me happy that he remembered my favorite flowers and took the time to order them online in advance:) And I suppose the fact I've been wanting them for 2 1/2 years made it even better! I had a great Valentine's Day!

Below: the bouquet from our wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment