Thursday, February 4, 2010

Working Mom

Most blogs I read are written by SAHMs. In fact, I can only think of one written by a mom working a traditional job (i.e., you have to GO to work). The rest are either full-time moms or freelance writers who work from home.

I love my job and enjoy being at work most of the time, but I wish I could stay home with my little girl. I went back to work when she was 9 weeks old. As she has grown and developed a stronger personality, it has gotten harder and harder to leave her. She is so fun to be with:) In the past few weeks, she has also developed separation anxiety and screams when I leave in the mornings.

Monday, she crawled for the first time. I was at work. My mom watches her on Mondays and she texted me to let me know. I cried all the way home. I know its not that big a deal, and someday I probably won't even remember, let alone be sad about it. But on Monday, it devastated me. I've always been sad I have to miss the day-to-day stuff, but missing milestones is even worse.

Have you ever missed one of your child's milestones? How upset were you? Are milestones less important when its not your first child?

No comments:

Post a Comment