Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Looking on the bright side

My daughter is sick. Nothing serious, but she’s miserable. She has an ear infection, a runny nose, and a nasty cough. My husband took her to the doctor this morning and he said they listened to her chest for a long time, because her cough makes it sound like she’s pretty sick. However, they said her lungs sound OK.

Obviously, seeing her feeling crappy hurts me. Isn’t it hard to see your child suffer? Even if, in the grand scheme of things, its very minor suffering. But she is such a trooper. You can tell she’s miserable, but she tries to play like normal and just needs some extra cuddles (and does a LOT of whining!). Plus, she loves taking medicine. She enjoys trying any new food/drink, whether it be mangos, chicken, Tylenol, or amoxicillin. She is particularly fond of Tylenol and gets excited when we get ready to give her some. So, during this illness, instead of being sad she’s sad (and that I can’t stay home with her*), I’m choosing to be grateful I don’t have to force medicine down her throat, and, most of all, that she’ll be better soon!!


*A big project I’m doing at work blew up this week and we’re doing damage control. I absolutely have to be there, so Meg is with my mom

No comments:

Post a Comment