Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

How do you feel about gifts on Valentine's day? Do you buy/receive big items? Like expensive jewelry? Or just go out to dinner and maybe receive some flowers? My husband and I are both cheapskates. We don't see the point of spending a lot of money on gifts, because its our money. If he buys me a gift, the money comes out of our account, so its not a lot different from me buying it. We're lucky we agree on this issue. Even for Christmas, we have a gift limit of anywhere from $50-$100, depending on the year. Its not that we can't afford more, we just don't like spending a lot. If we 'need' something more expensive (like a new computer), we track prices, look for sales, and buy it together. I know, we're boring.

So, for Valentine's day, I got him a new book he's been wanting (Game Change) and he got me a CD I've been wanting (Michael Buble's Crazy Love). They weren't surprises, either. We each told the other what we wanted. Since he happened to be at Barnes & Noble, he actually bought both of them (I need to remember to pay him back).

We're both happy, as we are so frugal that we normally wouldn't buy these things for ourselves. As he gave me the CD, which I was excited about, I thought that many women would be disappointed to receive 'just a CD.' But not me! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment