Monday, March 1, 2010

I've (temporarily) lost my mommy superpower

Ever since I got pregnant, I've had a heightened sense of smell. I know its generally regarded as a side effect of pregnancy, but, for me, it didn't go away. I can smell a dirty diaper from a mile away. Often, I'll say "I smell a dirty diaper!" and my husband (or whoever else is around) will say "really? I don't smell anything." But, I've now had a cold for almost two weeks. I can't smell anything. And Meg has a nasty diaper rash. I know its probably silly, but I feel responsible. Several times last week, I changed her diaper and was surprised to find it was dirty and had probably been so for at least an hour. In many ways, this illness has been almost as hard on Meg as it has been on me. I've been so sick I haven't been able to spend as much time taking care of her. She has definitely noticed. She's very clingy and desperate for mommy time. But she's getting some good quality daddy time:) I'm finally starting to feel better and we're all happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment