Saturday, March 13, 2010

Round and round we go

Last night when I took my (brand-new) pair of contacts out, I noticed my eyes were red. This morning I woke up with green crud all over my left eye. I went to the doctor's office and the doctor said* my eye infection is back. He checked out my sinuses and they're still infected, too. Apparently the antibiotics didn't quite kick it. So now we're on round two. This time he gave me an antibiotic eye drop so hopefully it will work better. For the sinuses, he wanted to put me on something stronger than amoxicillin, but decided not to because I'm nursing. We'll see how that works out...

This is getting to be one expensive bug. I've been to the doctor's office 4 times. I've thrown out two pairs of contacts. I've gotten 3 prescriptions. My husband is ticked at the doctor. He thinks I should have been given antibiotics before my third visit, when I was really sick. I have to say I agree. I can understand "wait and see" when I just had a cold/cough that appeared to be a virus. But when I came back with an ear infection and the doctor wanted to see if it would clear on its own? Not cool.



*this sentence reminds me of: "Mama called the doctor and the doctor said - no more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment