Friday, March 26, 2010

Date Night

I have a date tomorrow night. With my husband. I am so excited. We’re going to a movie together! We haven’t seen a movie together (without Meg) since before she was born. He’s gone alone once, I’ve gone alone once, and we took her with us once (bad idea). This is our email conversation from earlier:

Me: I'm so excited for our date! We haven't seen a movie together (without Meg) since before she was born, right?

Him: I still have the stub in my wallet. It was Night at the Museum 2, two days before she was born. I have been saving it because I thought it might belong in her baby book.

Isn’t that sweet? I had no idea what movie we’d gone to (or even when) and he knew it right off the top of his head! And was thinking about her baby book (which doesn’t exist yet). Of course, at the time I was 9 months pregnant and worried about going into labor in the movie theater. And afterward, I was nursing round the clock. Its understandable I couldn’t remember, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment