Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bottle strike still on

Apparently Meg is trying to assert the fact SHE is in control. This morning when she woke up, I tried to nurse her. She refused the left side, so I tried the right. She took it. When she was done, I tried the left again. No way. So I tried a bottle of breastmilk (1 oz). She didn’t want it, but I forced it in her mouth. She then realized it was breastmilk, not formula and drank it! So I warmed up 2 more ounces of breastmilk. When I tried to give it to her, she arched her back, whined, clamped her mouth shut, and REFUSED to drink it. I tried again 20 minutes later. She turned her head away every time she saw the bottle, to make it perfectly clear she wants that bottle nowhere near her. So we sat in the nursing chair and I offered her the left side again. She took it. What the hell?

I thawed 8 ounces of breastmilk, mixed it with formula, and sent the bottles to daycare. We’ll see how it goes. I also sent backup jars of food. I practically wrote a page of instructions for them, so hopefully they can follow the directions. I don’t know what to do with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment