Monday, March 22, 2010

and the weaning continues...

Last night, when I put Meg to bed, she refused to nurse. She arched her back, whined, and basically said: I don't want to bother with this, just bring on the bottle!! I couldn't get her to nurse, so I just gave her the bottle. Looks like we've dropped the bedtime nursing session. Now I only nurse her first thing in the morning and pump once during the afternoon. I hope we can keep the morning nursing for a little while, because I'm not ready to be totally done. Meg still likes nursing in the morning, because she likes to get out of bed, snuggle up next to me, and eat slowly while she wakes up slowly. The rest of the day, she just wants to eat as fast as possible. Which means, BOTTLE, STAT!!

I'm trying to reduce the amount of breastmilk in each bottle. The number of ounces she drinks each day is increasing and I only pump once a day (yay!). It seems to be going fine. She'll drink a bottle as long as it has some breastmilk. Right now, they're about 1/3 breastmilk, 2/3 formula. I suppose we'll finish weaning by her first birthday instead of starting weaning at 1, like I thought I would...

No comments:

Post a Comment