Saturday, March 27, 2010

Perfect evening!

Our date went awesome. The plan was to leave Meg with my mom, then go to the movie theater near her house. We left the house late (as always). We dropped her off and got to the movie theater 5 minutes before the movie was supposed to start. There wasn’t a line at the box office (it was 3 pm), we paid the matinee price (yay), bought popcorn, and were in our seats when the previews started.

With about 45 minutes left in the movie, Husband stepped out to call the restaurant to “get in line.” They don’t take reservations, but you can call ahead and wait at home for awhile before coming in (by 7 pm, the wait is usually 2-3 hours). We figured at 5, the wait would be an hour. It was 90 minutes. Since we only called 45 minutes before the movie was over, we would have to wait at the restaurant (close to the theater) 30-40 minutes. We decided to wait – its not like the wait time would be shorter at any other restaurant.

When the movie got over, we went to the restaurant. We walked up, checked in, and they said they could seat us right away! There were TONS of people waiting (but I’m assuming most of them weren’t waiting for a 2-person table).

After we finished, I wanted ice cream. Cold Stone, preferably, but Dairy Queen if necessary. (I love DQ, but was in the mood for Cold Stone) We got out the GPS and determined the closest DQ was about 5 minutes away. We thought the only Cold Stone in the area was at the mall, 15 minutes away, and generally packed – meaning we would have to park far away and it would take forever to walk to the mall, then to the food court.

We walked out the door of the restaurant and saw a Cold Stone across the street. It was crazy! (First of all, how did I not know there was a Cold Stone there??) We walked over, got our ice cream, then drove to mom’s (2 minutes away), picked up Meg, and got her home by bedtime. Our whole date took place within 2 miles of my parent’s house. Everything went perfectly the whole time. On the way home, we picked up a Redbox movie and watched it after putting Meg to bed. It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment