Thursday, September 27, 2012

Maybe I just like whipped cream

One of my favorite things about fall is the food:  pumpkins, apples, turkey… Yum.

While I like almost all things apple-y, I generally don’t like things pumpkin flavored. I love pumpkin in all forms – pie, bread, butter (you should totally make pumpkin butter) – but find pumpkin-flavored things rarely actually taste like pumpkin.

I suppose the problem is pumpkin is so bland the taste of it is easily overridden. That’s not my problem, though. If you’re advertising pumpkin flavor I expect you to deliver. Also, pumpkin spice is not pumpkin and is usually too strong. I did not ask for an herbal/spicy something. I asked for a pumpkin something.

That said we went to IHOP this past weekend and their pumpkin pancakes were amazing. Not too spicy, perfectly pumpkin-y (although, just like I said with the pumpkin spice lattes, I think the key is the whipped cream on top to mellow the spice). Paul was a huge fan and tried to shove all of MY pancakes in his mouth before I could eat them. The two of us looked like we were in an eating contest.

As for the title of the post, I don’t think so. I prefer my pumpkin pie without whipped cream, so I get the full pumpkin taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment