Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm Back!

I’m back! Sort of. Maybe. I’m emerging from the I’m–gonna-puke haze, but it’s a lot harder to get back into writing than I thought. I’m filling up the time that used to be occupied with throwing up or laying around moaning with actual household stuff, like grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning the kitchen, and doing laundry. My poor husband was stuck doing all of that for a while and he was getting pretty burned out. He still does the majority of the cooking and grocery shopping, but I’m helping.

Of course, I’m only doing those things when absolutely necessary, like going to the grocery store when we’re completely out of food AND have eaten take-out for the last two days, because when its “Christmas break” you have to fit in a lot of lounging. I worked my normal (part-time) hours the week between Christmas and New Years, but Thomas took the week off and it was really nice. He says he enjoys being back at work, but Meg and I are both having a hard time adjusting. Meg screamed every day this week when I dropped her off at daycare and clung to me. She has never done that. She’s a very social child and I think she’d choose daycare over being at home most days, but she got so used to being at home with mommy or daddy (or both) and all her new toys that she didn’t want to leave.

I’m happy two of her favorite new playthings are the two things we bought her. We got her a set of Mega Blocks and a set of play food and she LOVES them. My mom bought her little plates, bowls, and cups and she has a great time putting food on plates and bringing it to us. She also loves her freakishly loud v-tech toys from relatives who must not like us very much, but we’re trying to discourage them. I haven’t yet taken them out of the box (you can play with them without removing the packaging) so I’m praying there’s some sort of volume control.

That’s pretty much all that’s going on around our house. So many new toys they’ve filled Meg’s room AND the living room and three people in a bit of a post-Christmas funk. Frankly, our goal is to just get through January, because we leave for our cruise February 5th. I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment