Saturday, January 15, 2011

Week 16 update

As long as I remember to take my Unisom every night, there’s nothing going on in pregnancy land. (If I forget the pill, as I did one day last week, I still puke all day.) I generally feel fine. Not too big yet. My pants are tight, but what else is new? They were tight when I GOT pregnant, they only got loose because I lost a bunch of weight from morning sickness. I “look pregnant” but I looked like that BEFORE. The only difference is now I don’t care. I have a REASON for the big belly. Sometimes I even show it off in maternity tops. Mostly I wear regular clothes and continue to look fat. I’m not even extra tired anymore. I go to bed at the same time I did pre-pregnancy. Essentially, my life is exactly the same as it was before morning sickness, but with less I’m-too-fat drama.

I forget I’m pregnant all the time. When I do remember, I have no idea how far along I am. As in, I can’t even GUESS how far along. Somewhere in the early second trimester is about as good as I can do. I forget the baby’s due date, too. LMP puts the EDD at June 27th, 1st ultrasound puts it at July 2nd, but all I can remember when someone asks me is it’s “June or July.” Rather vague.

Last Saturday night, as Thomas was putting Meg to bed, I thought it would be really fun to make Margaritas and watch a movie. We haven’t done that in FOREVER! It’ll be great! And then (10 minutes later) I realized I can’t drink. Even though I don’t feel pregnant. AT ALL. It was a major bummer.

Sometimes I get a little freaked out that I can’t think of a single pregnancy symptom I’m currently experiencing. But I don’t have any history of pregnancy loss and I feel the baby moving at least a few times a week, so I figure everything’s good. Last night, when I went to bed, the baby started moving a LOT. It was so fun! For a few weeks at least, I get to experience good pregnancy stuff without dealing with unpleasant side effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment