Friday, August 20, 2010

Seven Quick Takes

1.  When I dropped Meg off at daycare yesterday, they had music playing.  It was Alvin & the Chipmunks singing "So What" by Pink.  It was...disturbing.

2.  That same day, the center lost power at 1:30 and everyone had to be picked up.  When I got there at 2, Meg was napping and I had to wake her up to take her home.  Major annoying.

3.  Also yesterday, I found some birthday money and had a 20% off coupon for Younkers, so I decided to brave clothes shopping with Meg.  We survived and I got 7 new shirts for $110.  Yay for yellow dot clearance!

4.  I finally got an "invite" for Hulu plus last Friday.  I signed up a month ago, but apparently the trial version was full.  I don't know if they opened it up to more people or its no longer the trial version.  All I know is I LOVE IT. I can watch every episode of Modern Family (and have).  Right now I'm watching the first few seasons of Grey's Anatomy (I only started watching the show a couple years ago).  Its nice to finally understand some of the things they refer to in later seasons and see it before it got all crazy and insanely unbelievable.  Not that it was all believable, but its much better than now.  I could barely watch Grey's this last year.

5.  We cancelled our cable this spring and what I'm really looking forward to with Hulu Plus is being able to have a season pass to all my shows this year - Law & Order: SVU, House...and I guess thats it because they cancelled the rest of my shows.  (I would like to say, for the record, that I'm furious with whomever decided to cancel Law & Order and come up with some "trendy" LA version.)

6.  Unfortunately, I now have almost all of the Hulu ads memorized.  The Latisse one drives me crazy.  It says its for "inadequate or not enough lashes."  Are they saying thats 2 different things?  Because to me, it sounds like they're defining the word "inadequate."  Do they think people don't know the meaning of the word? Are there people who honestly don't know what "inadequate" means?  And if so, are those really the kind of people who are going to be paying for expensive eye drops to grow longer eyelashes? 

Now that I look at their website, it looks like it might mean the lashes are too thin.  As in, you have lashes, but they're inadequate.  If so, they should just say "thin or not enough lashes."  Whatever it is, they're either unclear or telling us we're stupid.

7.  I cannot remember to give Meg her medicine for the life of me.  I was a pharmacy technician for 7 years (while I was in school, so part-time) and I have heard pharmacists tell people "you have to finish all of the antibiotics, even if you feel better" thousands of times.  Maybe even hundreds of thousands of times.  I GET IT.  My mom is a nurse, so she felt strongly about this, too.  I think I can say I have never, not once, in my entire life, received a prescription for an antibiotic and not finished it.  I take every single pill.  But for some reason, when Meg gets sick (she has an ear infection), I do great for the first two days, then I forget the whole thing.  She got this prescription on Tuesday and since I gave her some yesterday (Thursday) morning, I haven't thought of it at all.  Luckily, Thomas has remembered, but every time he says we should give her medicine, it hasn't even crossed my mind.  I set it right next to the whole milk, so when I get her a bottle first thing in the morning or before bed (she takes the medicine twice a day), I'll see it and remember.  For the first two days, I do.  But after that, I'm no longer surprised to see it sitting there, so I see it without really seeing it, if you know what I mean?  Its a problem.  I think I'll have to put big sticky notes all around the house saying ANTIBIOTIC.  And move them every other day so I don't stop noticing them.  Or write it on Meg's forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment