Tuesday, June 8, 2010

YIKES - My $2,000 credit card bill

***Warning***
Boring post ahead!! I find this interesting, but maybe that's just because its MY bill.
******************************************



I got my credit card bill in the mail today. My balance was $1,960.85. For one month. Yikes. And I don't do the grocery shopping (my husband does). I do pay the mortgage, but not on my credit card. I knew we had a lot going on in the month of May. What I didn't think about at the time was that for each and every one of those occasions, I was whipping out my credit card and going crazy. These are the occasions that happened in May, in order:

1. I went on a business trip
2. Mothers Day
3. My husband's birthday
4. My sister's wedding
5. Our 3rd anniversary
6. My cousin's graduation (4 hours away)
and last, but not least,
7. The big first birthday party

So. I decided to figure out where $2,000 went.

1. Business trip. I spent $175.87 and was reimbursed for all of it.
2. Mother's Day. I spent $16.07 on cards for my mom, aunt, and grandma and $29.68 on a pedicure for my mom
3. Husband's birthday. I spent $274.99 on a Weber Smokey Mountain, $10.59 on The Blind Side (great sale at K-Mart!), and $22.01 on his favorite dinner - pizza and wings
4. Sister's wedding. $29.68 on pedicure for me. $151.58 on cut and color. $39.17 on spray tan (it was buy one get one free, so I can go get my free spray tan anytime). Wedding presents were purchased in a different month and new clothes for the rehearsal dinner were on my Younkers card.
5. Anniversary. We bought patio furniture. My portion was $189.74
6. Graduation. $32.92 on gas (my mom paid for the rest) and about $10 in food.
7. Party. Actually, the party was so late in the month, my credit card bill cut off and this isn't on it. Something to look forward to next month...

So all that totals $982.30.

Other things:
New phone (HTC Incredible) and accessories - $290.40 (there's a $100 mail-in rebate)
Day care - $304 (don't hate me. She only goes to daycare once a week - its awesome!)
Target - $81.05. You know how this goes... 2 cans formula, misc snacks for wedding and trip to graduation, and other things I didn't know I needed until I went to Target
Medical - office visits and medication for me and Meg - $68
Gas - $79.66 (doesn't include graduation)
Misc. eating out (includes breakfasts, lunches, and dinners) - $83.23 (ouch!)

That's $1,888.84. I'm going to call the remaining $72.01 "miscellaneous."

May was one expensive month. I hope I can do better next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment