Friday, September 23, 2011

Kiss to make it better

When we first started doing "kiss to make it better" for Meg, she was in a big "I DO IT MYSELF" phase, so she started insisting that SHE would kiss it to make it better. Often, she either couldn't reach whatever she was supposed to kiss (because it was her head) or she was in too much of a hurry to stop, sit down, and kiss her foot (or whatever), so she would air-kiss it. Soon, an air kiss came to be what "kiss to make it better" IS and now that's all we do. If she pinches a finger and I actually kiss it, she looks at me like I'm crazy and insists I do it right. Air kisses, ONLY. I often hear "OW. I kiss it - *mwah*. All better!" around the house. If she wants me to do it, I can blow a kiss from across the room and she'll say "Thanks! All better now." It's very convenient when I'm nursing the baby or, perhaps, just don't want to get my butt off the couch to make her owie better.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious. I still do regular kisses but made a rule that anything below her tummy gets an air kiss (which keeps me from having to kiss her feet or butt or whatever)

    ReplyDelete