Friday, April 9, 2010

Traveling for work: preparing

Plans are coming together for next week. At my request, we’ve booked rooms at a hotel with fridges in the rooms, so I can store breastmilk. I’m bringing a cooler to keep it in during the day. Over the weekend, I’m going to thaw frozen milk for Meg’s bottles, so all the fresh milk can be saved for Monday and Tuesday. My husband is grossed out by the thought of smelling thawed milk to tell if it went bad or not, so he’s not really up for using frozen milk.

I’m not nearly as upset about this night away as I was when I found out on Tuesday. In fact, I’m kind of looking forward to it. I haven’t spent a night in a hotel since I traveled for work when 5 months pregnant. Before having Meg, I usually enjoyed going out of town for work. After work, you go out for dinner, then back to the hotel where there are no dishes to wash, no laundry to do, nothing to ‘get done’. You just watch TV, surf the internet, or read (or work out if you’re really motivated). An evening like that sounds pretty good to me. Its only one night away from Meg. I’ll get to sleep all night long! I’ll get to watch TV, take a bath, go to bed early… Sounds pretty good! Right now, the only thing I’m dreading is the logistics of getting myself packed and out the door by 6 A.M. I’m curious to find out whether I’ll freak out when its time to leave. Or when I don’t get to go home after work. We’ll see. For now, I’m excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment