Monday, April 12, 2010

Traveling for work: not as bad as I thought

The trip is going great! I was a little sad last night when I put Meg to bed, knowing the next night I wouldn’t be there to put her to bed. I was a little sad this morning when I had to say good-bye. But, overall, it feels like no big deal. I usually get home from work between 6 and 6:30 and Meg is usually in bed by 7:30. We’re busy busy busy that whole time. Feed her dinner, eat our dinner, get her ready for bed, make bottle, feed her, nurse her, lay her down. Then, wash the dishes, wash the bottles, make lunches for the next day, pack the diaper bag. Its usually hectic and goes by fast. To be honest, I’m not all that sad about missing one night of running around like crazy! Yes, I miss Meg. But I know I’ll see her tomorrow. I’ve had a nice relaxing evening. After work we went to Red Lobster, then back to the hotel, where I immediately at my leftovers and watched TV while checking my email. Then I took a bath and climbed into bed to watch Law and Order. I think a night away is just what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment