Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Is it too late to move it to the park and order pizzas?

Meg’s 2nd birthday party is Sunday. At our house. What in the heck were we thinking??? 35-weeks-pregnant lady and I-just-ran-a-marathon man don’t really feel like cleaning the house. When we planned the party, I thought it would be perfect – I hate cleaning for parties so this year I could use the whole “I’m eight months pregnant” excuse and skip out on it. Except now the party is almost here and I just can’t let people into my house when it looks like it does. Even if this IS the way we live all the time, I don’t want people THINKING this is the way we live all the time. The pregnant excuse really only works for having your house regular clean instead of party clean. It doesn’t stretch to messy and cluttered. We’ve spent so much time on Meg’s big girl room and the nursery (which still has a LONG way to go, since its currently just a room with a crib, a dresser, and a floor that’s messy due to the assembly of said crib and dresser) that we haven’t been gradually cleaning the rest of the house like we did last year. I really don’t want to deal with it. I don’t even want to deal with the party AT ALL.

P.S. We can’t move it to the park because Meg is dying to show off her big girl room, which she LOVES. Frankly, I love it too, and am also excited for people to see it. Can I blindfold them as they go through the rest of the house?

1 comment:

  1. I HATE hosting parties. I'm with you. That's why we've managed to celebrate Fuss's birthday out of the house the last few times - family dinners at a restaurant, trips to amusement parks... anything to not have to host parties. :) You are brave to do it that pregnant, too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete