Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I heart DST...this year only

Good morning!

I think this is the first year in my life I’ve enjoyed Spring Forward DST. Ironically, I feel so much more rested this week than I do every other week. I'm practically chipper.  Instead of losing an hour of sleep, we just skipped an hour of awake time and it seems my body loves 23 hour days (while pregnant, at least). Our church made it “We Say When Sunday,” as in, they decided the time change would happen at noon (after church) instead of 2 a.m. It was GREAT. We got up at our normal time (which was technically an hour late). After church we had my family over for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Thomas smoked a corned beef brisket and made boiled potatoes and cabbage. (I made…iced tea. With an iced tea maker. It was tough.) Anyway, having lunch at our house was perfect, because my family played with Meg for two hours and wore her out enough she took her nap at the new 2:00 instead of the old 2:00 and, just like that, we were on the new DST schedule! I still can’t believe it was that easy. Since this was my last time change with only one child, I’m grateful it went so well. I probably won’t have a time change that easy for years and years…

1 comment:

  1. I was about a week postpartum when the time changed right after Fuss was born. I cursed it. It seemed like a bad joke. It hasn't been so bad lately, but the kids and I have very little "schedule" these days. I will tell you that my 3 year old didn't get up until about 9:30 Monday.

    ReplyDelete