Friday, February 25, 2011

Seven Quick Takes

1. I get off work at noon on Thursdays and almost every week after picking up Meg , I come home and nap while she does. It’s amazing and it makes Fridays SO much better. I have so much energy today I’m getting tons of stuff done!

2. Of course, “getting stuff done” is relative when you have a toddler. While I cleaned the living room, Meg DESTROYED her bedroom. You can’t see the floor in there. It really makes me wonder what the point is. The living room isn’t even clean anymore, because when I moved to the kitchen, Meg moved to the living room. I spent all morning cleaning and have nothing to show for it.

3. We usually have leftovers or takeout on Fridays, but this morning I was reading a magazine article about saving money on food and one of the recommendations was to make a big roast, then use the meat in several different recipes over the next few days. I read it and thought a roast sounded really good. 95% of the time I would have just sat there and continued to read, but today I actually got up, pulled a roast out of the freezer and put it in the crockpot with potatoes, carrots, and onions. I had dinner all made by 11 am and I hadn’t been planning to make dinner at all. At least I have something to show for my morning.

4. Meg now refuses to sit in her high chair. She insists on sitting at the kitchen table with us. Our “kitchen table” is actually in the living room, because it doesn’t fit in the kitchen, so it sits on carpet. It’s so hard to sit there and watch her make a huge mess. I thought lunch today would kill me – there were peas and rice all over the living room by the time she was done eating. I actually pulled out the vacuum before she was done because I couldn’t take it anymore. I’m considering buying a new table that fits in the kitchen, just so mealtimes aren’t so stressful.

5. I forgot to take Unisom last night and it wasn’t pretty. I laid in bed awake for hours and woke up feeling quite pukey, which is when I realized I’d forgotten to take it. I’m 22 weeks along, why am I still nauseous??

6. I’ve been married for almost 4 years and still have a hard time falling asleep with someone (like my husband or child) in the same bed. The more pregnant I get, the worse it is. By the time I was 8 months pregnant with Meg, I was begging my husband to sleep in the spare room. This time, I’m already getting to the point where I’d do anything to sleep alone. It doesn’t help that I need noise to fall asleep (like the TV or a white noise machine) and my husband needs complete silence. Somehow the default has become silence and it drives me crazy.

7. Meg has only been asleep for half an hour, but I now hear her screaming. I guess that’s all the naptime I get today…

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I LOVE sleeping with my husband in the bed - but at the end of my pregnancy, until the end of the regular wakings in the night I sleep so much better when he's not here. :(

    ReplyDelete