Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Not a good day

I didn’t feel well Monday. Yesterday, I woke up feeling even worse and decided to stay home. The plan was to let Meg sleep in, take her to day care, then come home and go back to bed. Unfortunately, when Meg woke up, she had a fever. Too high to go to daycare. I gave her some Tylenol and she fell back asleep. She woke up an hour later and felt great. Tearing around the house like normal, nothing wrong with her, great. I, however, still did not feel well. She was getting into everything. I’m chasing her, trying to eat crackers to settle my stomach. Believe me, it did NOT make me want to get pregnant. The last thing I need is 18 weeks of morning sickess + toddler.

I finally couldn’t chase her around anymore, so we watched some TV. Friends, actually. She’s only 13 months, so we can watch my shows for a little while yet, right? There weren’t any bedroom scenes or anything like that.

By noon I decided that, even though she seemed to feel fine, I should take her to the doctor. She’d had a low fever for at least a little while every day for the last week. She had two new teeth, so it was probably just that, but what if something else was wrong? We’re both home, doing nothing, and I’m already missing work, so it’ll be the easiest day to go. We left around 2:30. First we had to go to the daycare and pay for the day even though she wasn’t there. Fun! Then we went to the doctor and got there at 3 for our 3:20 appointment. A little earlier than I like, but whatever. We were there until 4. You know what the doctor said? She’s fine. Nothing wrong with her. Must be the teeth.

On the way home, I decided to stop at my office. I’d brought my laptop home on Monday, but left the power cord at work. I often do this, because I rarely use it enough in one night to run out the battery and it’s a lot easier to not have to crawl under my desk to unplug/replug the cord every day. So I drive to my office, show the baby off, and grab the cord. We go outside, get buckled in, and the car won’t start. Click, click, click, won’t start. UGH!! I called Thomas, who had to come get us (20 min from home). He looked at the car, but couldn’t figure out what was wrong. I took Meg home in his car while he waited for a tow truck.

At this point I was exhausted, still feeling sick, and Meg was starving. I gave her dinner, changed her diaper, then had to go pick up Thomas before eating myself. The car had been towed further away from home, so it took us 30 minutes to get there. By the time we got home, I shut down. I ate a little and went to bed.

Today I'm at work, still feeling like total crap, but I didn't want to take another sick day. I sure hope this week gets better!

No comments:

Post a Comment