Thursday, July 29, 2010

Family Fun

My sister has come to my rescue! When Thomas leaves at 3 pm on Saturday, Meg and I are heading downtown to meet my mom and sister and go to the Italian American Heritage Festival. I am excited. I may not have any Italian blood (I’m English/Scottish/Norweigan), but I have plenty of fat stores directly attributable to Italian-American food. My sister says there will be cannolis. I’m hoping there will be gelato. Real gelato. I’ve never had good gelato in America. Its quite possible, though, that I have no idea what I’m talking about. I’ve only been to Italy once and it was like 8 years ago. But we had gelato every day and it was amazing. Of course, now that I think about it, if they have gelato it will probably be from Chocolaterie Stam. They say they have authentic gelato, but it tastes like ice cream. And ice cream is not gelato.

ANYWAY, gelato or not, we are going to have a good time! Hopefully we'll get Meg worn out enough that she'll sleep Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment