- It seems I’m the only person on Twitter who doesn’t like the
texture of fluffy eggs. WHY must people insist on fluffifying the eggs? Don’t
add milk! Don’t cook in butter! (That doesn’t have anything to do with texture,
I just don’t like it.)
- I found a jar of Trader Joe’s peanut butter that needed
using up and am eating it this week. Living on the edge! (It’s not on the
recall list, so I’m hoping for the best.) (After I looked at that recall list,
though, I realized I ate a ThinkThin bar that is on it.
- Have you tried BB cream yet? It’s a combination product that
often takes the place of several things (foundation included). I’ve tried
several and my hands-down favorite is Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse. I think different
BB creams are meant to replace different products – right? Some don’t have sunscreen,
some do. Some don’t replace moisturizer, some do. Well, the Water Fuse is super
moisturizing and my skin has been better hydrated using it instead of
moisturizer plus foundation. It’s not cheap and I wouldn’t have randomly picked
it up, but I got one in my Birchbox a while ago and fell in love. Make sure you
get the WaterFuse, as I tried the Dr. Jart Premium and didn’t like it – it was
too thick. It seems most people have a favorite already - what's yours?
- Don’t forget to sign up for the Shutterfly giveaway! You could win a $50 credit to use for anything on their site.
- Someone made the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls for mom's club today and they were amazing. I'd always heard they were good, but I'm not much of a cinnamon roll person (or a baking with yeast person), so I dismissed them as something I'd never make. I may need to change that.
- At Christmastime I volunteer to bring cookies to everything so I can prep anytime I want and freeze them instead of having to make something right before leaving. I started making batches a few weeks ago to cut down on holiday stress, but they've been slowly disappearing from our freezer. I've made 17 dozen and we have about 4 dozen left. Maybe we need a new freezer.
(I should mention I'm rather free with cookie gifts when I feel like I have plenty so I've given away 8 dozen so far. They're never going to last until Christmas.)
- I still don't have Halloween costumes for the kids. I'm just not into Halloween at ALL this year and costumes seem like a whole lot of money for some crappy fabric. Meg said cheerfully she'll just wear her costume from last year (love her!), but I'm not sure it will fit. I know Paul's won't. Have you seen any good sales?
|Not sponsored, though |
this is an affiliate link.