- I have a hard time paying much for Halloween costumes (as I said last week), because I've been spoiled by the consignment shop down the street. This year, though, I went twice and found nothing. I tried one more time after writing about it and the store was stuffed with costumes. I got two for $18 and I'm very, very happy with them.
- They also had a ton of long-sleeve shirts for Paul on clearance, which was a relief because he didn't really have a winter wardrobe and it was getting chilly enough we were veering into bad mom won't buy her child season-appropriate clothes territory. (I'm cheap about those, too.)
- At home, I cleared out all of his short sleeve shirts and shorts, found the 2T box to put them in, and guess what was already in it? Lots and lots of long sleeve shirts and pants. Now he has so many they don't all fit in the drawer.
- THEN, it went from chilly to 80 degrees overnight and we spent the whole week digging through the carefully packed summer clothes, making a mess of them all. So I had to re-do the whole thing this morning (it's back to freezing now).
- Both kids have hand-me-down iPods in their rooms to play bedtime music and they both know how to use them. Yesterday Meg came running up to me and said "Mommy, my iPod died!" and it hit me Thomas and I didn't get iPods until we were in college. Even then, they were only second generation, so it wasn't as if we were late adopters. I know it's cliche, but it blows my mind.
- We just dropped Thomas off and the airport. His office is flying him to Chicago for the weekend for the Iowa-Northwestern game, including dinner tonight and brunch on Sunday. Rough, right?
- In TWO. WEEKS. that will be me. Two weeks! (Not the office-is-paying part, obviously, but jetting off for the weekend!)
Friday, October 26, 2012
Seven Quick Takes: clothes, iPods, and trips
Posted by Jessica at 2:59 PM