Friday, December 3, 2010

Seven Quick Takes

1. When I asked Margaret if she wanted some turkey for lunch, she said “Gobble, gobble.” It was so adorable.

2. We went to MOPS this morning and after 10 minutes, the nursery worker brought Meg down and said “her nose was running too much.” They didn’t want her to get other kids sick. Seriously?? Its DECEMBER. What kid doesn’t have a cold? It’s not like she had the plague or something.

3. We went to Trader Joes. I couldn’t find the decaf chai. I don’t know if it’s because our Trader Joes is really small? There was only a small section of tea. They had some sort of herbal chai (naturally decaf), but I want decaf black tea with chai spice. Has anyone had that from TJ?

4. I was rather disappointed by the Candy Cane Joe-Joes. The filling was AMAZING, but the cookies were your basic generic chocolate sandwich cookies. I adore Oreos and have never found a generic that is anywhere close to the original. I refuse to eat chocolate sandwich cookies. I saw Peppermint Oreos in the store last week, but didn’t buy them. Maybe those will be better?

5. I bought the new Veggie Tales movie, It’s a Meaningful Life and I am very excited. I fell in love with Veggie Tales long before having kids and can’t wait until Meg is old enough to really watch them. She’s seen a few, but she doesn’t really ‘get’ TV yet. I am a little nervous though, because it’s a take on It’s a Wonderful Life, which I also love, and I just told you my feelings about knock-offs…

6. It turns out I’m not really a post-every-day kind of girl. There are some days (most notably workdays), when I just don’t have anything to say. Even with a writing prompt, I can’t get my mind going. If I can’t think of anything to write and want to go to bed at 8pm (which I generally do these days), I want to just go to bed. Now that I don’t HAVE to write, maybe I will be posting more than I thought.

7. Lauren, however, did an amazing job with NaBloPoMo. Not only did she post every day, but she wrote interesting things every day. She’s a rock star!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, one of my favorite tea companies, Stash, makes a decaffeinated chai spiced black tea. Have you seen it? You can buy it on Amazon for a very reasonable per-box price:
    http://www.amazon.com/Stash-Premium-Decaf-Spice-18-Count/dp/B000CQG8M6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1291408175&sr=8-1

    Also, as a mom whose newborn once spent 10 days in the hospital because someone else's kid gave my toddler RSV (which presents with a runny nose, just like a cold), I have to put in a little defense for the MOPS childcare people. I used to think taking a child with a runny nose out in public was no big deal... until my baby got sick. Because you never know what child might have a newborn sibling, or a family member with a compromised immune system, it's really the most charitable thing to keep a sick kid home and not spread the germs around. Otherwise people whose children would really be in danger if they got a cold (or RSV or pertussis, which also presents with a simple runny nose) have to quarantine their whole families all the time, which is neither reasonable nor fair. Expecting parents to keep sick kids home is totally reasonable, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment about my NaBloPoMo posts! I thought it was really hard, but it was good to force myself to write every day. Funny thing is, I didn't think that most of what I was writing was interesting. I'm glad someone did!

    ReplyDelete