Friday, May 14, 2010

Sleeping in

As I’ve mentioned before, I let my daughter sleep in on days I don’t have to work, so I can also sleep in. That’s probably selfish (kids need routines!), but it really helps our day go better. The irony of this situation, is it works for me when I don’t need it as much and doesn’t work when I’m desperate for more sleep.

I wake Meg up at 6 a.m. on days I work. She sometimes sleeps until 7-8 when we stay home. If I work Monday-Wednesday, she almost always sleeps til 8 Thursday-Saturday (we get up at 7 on Sundays for church). However, if I work Monday-Thursday (making me much more tired), she gets into the routine of getting up at 6 and continues it at least through Friday and sometimes through Sunday.

I know its (supposedly) better for her to get up at the same time every day, but don’t you have days when you would do anything to sleep just one more hour? Today is one of those days and Meg was up at 5:45 a.m…

P.S. This varying wake-up schedule doesn’t affect her naps, because she’s always been a every-two-hours napper. Supposedly there are two kinds of nappers: same-time-every-day nappers and every-two-hours nappers. Meg used to take her nap exactly two hours after getting up, no matter what time she got up (she’s older now, so its three hours). She took her next nap two hours (now three) after getting up from the first one. I don’t suppose I’ll be so lucky with the next baby, so I suppose I should get as much sleep as I can now!

No comments:

Post a Comment