Thursday, August 30, 2012

Come meet me! (and 58 other people)



The Blathering
In case you haven't heard (or noticed the badge on my sidebar!) the Blathering is coming up. There might still be a ticket just for you! (It's almost sold out so hurry!) This will be my third year and I could not be more excited. It's the most amazing weekend. Here is my recap of 2010 (apparently I still referred to Thomas by his fake name back then!) and 2011 (I did bring the whole family! And they kind of took over the recap post, so sorry about that.)

Each attendee fills out a survey to help the rest of us get to know them and this is mine. I wrote it back in February, so some of it is a little outdated. Just nod and pretend you know what I'm talking about. It will be good practice for November. 

Where do you blog? Are you on Twitter or Facebook or Pinterest or any other corner of the internet you’d care to share with us?
Blog: here, obviously!
Twitter: @JesabesBlog
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/jesabesblog/ (Are you sensing a theme?)

Tell us about your family. Are you married, have kids, high-maintenance pets, etc.?
I’ve been married to Thomas for 5 years. We have two kids – Meg is 3 and Paul is 1. We also have a very low maintenance cat. The poor thing gets ignored a lot.

Where do you live? How about one interesting thing about it.
I live in Des Moines, Iowa. I’m not really sure what you’re looking for as far as interesting goes, but we do have Baconfest here. Tickets are hard to get, but if you manage to score some, you can stay at my house!

How old will you be at the Blathering? (Also, when is your birthday? The Blathering wants to have cupcakes on hand for any during-the-Blathering birthdays, of course!)
I’ll be 28. My birthday is September 4th.

What was the last book you read? The last movie you watched? The last great song you heard?
I’m going to go with the last GREAT book I read, which was State of Wonder by Ann Patchett.

The last movie I watched was Midnight in Paris. Normally I hate Woody Allen movies, but I really liked this one.

Last great song…hmm.

(August Jessica says "Call Me Maybe," because I don't care how you define a great song; I LOVE IT.)

What about your favorite vacation to date?
The cruise my family took last February.

What made you sign up for the Blathering?
The Blathering 2010 was within driving distance for me, so I decided to go for it. Worst case scenario I could drive home, right? I loved it so much, I planned a family trip to Texas for the Blathering 2011 (since I’d have a tiny baby I didn’t want to leave). My husband and kids hung out with Texas relatives while I went to Blathering events.

Have you ever been to New Orleans? What is the one thing you are most excited to see or do there?
I’ve never been to New Orleans and am very excited. I know almost nothing about it. I guess I’m most excited about my first Blathering at which I’m neither pregnant or breastfeeding! (Knock on wood.)

If you’ve been to the Blathering in past years, what’s the best memory you’re hoping to top this year?
Hmm. The Blathering Hooker, maybe?

What is the first blog you read when you open your feed reader?

Share the best thing that’s ever happened to you because of the internet.
Predictable/lame answer, but it’s the Blathering. When I started reading blogs, then started my own, I never imagined I’d actually get to MEET so many of the people I know in the computer.

What is your favorite blog post of your own?
This question stumps me every year. I filled out the rest of this survey in February (hence the reference above to the changes I made to it today) and never submitted it because of THIS QUESTION. I got nothing.

Finally, is there anything else you want the rest of the attendees to know about you, before we bond over hurricanes and beignets in Nola? (Weird tattoos, strange vacation rituals, you are a champion snorer?)
I’m saving my Birchbox lip tattoos and eyeliner stickers for the Blathering so watch out, NOLA!*

(Kidding. I didn’t even get the lip tattoos. Anyone want to share some? You can totally have an eyeliner sticker. Just one, though. It’s cooler that way.)


*Yeah, the lip tattoos and eyeliner stickers were in the February Birchbox. I'm sure you're impressed with my up-to-the-minute references.

No comments:

Post a Comment