Saturday, June 18, 2011

38 weeks

I went to the doctor on Thursday. He said I was a "solid" 4 cm, maybe a little more, and about 80% effaced, which is maybe a little more than the week before. He predicted the baby would be born in the next week. I go to a group practice and saw different doctors at my 36, 37, and 38 week appointments. They all predicted the baby would be born between 38 and 39 weeks. I'm 38 weeks today, so it's not exactly a shocker I haven't had the baby yet.

However, despite the fact I just now entered the predicted range of dates for delivery, everyone is really sick of waiting for this kid to come. For two weeks now, we've been trying to be as ready as possible, just in case - doing laundry every couple days, running the dishwasher often, making sure the kitchen is clean EVERY night, having someone lined up to watch Meg, etc. It's exhuasting and I don't want to keep it up.

Also, its nice to feel like you're working towards something, but I feel like I've done everything that can be done and now we just sit around, bored. I've had my hair cut and highlighted. I had a mani/pedi. I shaved my legs today. The laundry is done. The dishes are all clean. We've watched more movies we wanted to see in the last week than we did in the last few months. My mom has all of HER laundry done, all of her dishes washed, and her house cleaned.

Like every other pregnant woman, I just want to know when it's going to be. I wish we hadn't spent the last two weeks on high alert just in case. I wish I wasn't at the COME OUT ALREAY, KID point at 38 weeks. Just tell me when its going to be!

P.S. You know what else I don't like? Hospital bags. Last time I packed a bunch of crap and used almost none of it, so this time I'm packing light. Which means I can't pack, because everything going in the bag I use on a daily basis. The impossibility of having my bag ready in advance is frustrating the heck out of me.

P.P.S. I do have to say I'm grateful I haven't had very many Braxton-Hicks contractions. If I'd spent the last two weeks being ready "just in case" AND constantly timing contractions, I probably would have gone completely crazy by now.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I know those feelings. Sending some good labor, easy delivery vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me - I had bad BH for weeks leading up to my scheduled induction. I brought much less to the hospital this time around than the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel, the moment I felt like I absuloutely could not take one more second, I went into labor within the hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I had the experience Cupcake Mama did. I got sick of being pregnant slowly over the course of the last month and then when I finally got fed up, I woke up PISSED that I was still pregnant, and about twenty minutes later I went into labor.

    Thank goodness because I'd exhausted all my other options lol.

    I'm sending warm wishes for a healthy baby, a speedy delivery, and a comfortable recovery!

    ReplyDelete